× Class specific topics with the Retail version of Healbot

Manabound MIrror trinket's on-use heal targets me and not my Healbot target

2 months 1 day ago
banxshee
More
Topic Author
Manabound MIrror trinket's on-use heal targets me and not my Healbot target #1
Hello there

I have the Manabound Mirror trinket with on-use heal on my target. I tried 2 things:

1. Set Guardian Spirit as spell for click with Auto Trinket set to this slot. The Guardian Spirit targets the Healbot target but my trinket's on-use heal targeted me.
2. Made a macro with Guardian Spirit with [@hbtarget] and /use 13 for the trinket slot. GS was cast on my Healbot target but again the trinket's on-use heal targeted me.

Is there a way for the trinket to target the Healbot target I clicked on? Thank you.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago
ctshammy
More
Manabound MIrror trinket's on-use heal targets me and not my Healbot target #2
This solution will work for Manabound Mirror trinket since it doesnt use GCD. It took some time to surpress errors and it works for me
Macro is

#showtooltip Healing Surge
/hb se1
/hb se3
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][]Manabound Mirror
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][] Healing Surge
/hb se2
/hb se4

end macro

I set it to healing surge for my Shammy and it works just fine. Will use the trinket (if not in CD) then cast Healing Surge. If trinket is in CD will just cast Healing surge.

Hope that helps.

CT
The following user(s) said Thank You banxshee

1 month 4 weeks ago
banxshee
More
Topic Author
Manabound MIrror trinket's on-use heal targets me and not my Healbot target #3
Hi CT! Thank you for the reply. So I can use /cast with trinkets? Sorry I did not know that. So I can use /cast [@hbtarget] same way I use with my Guardian Spirit? But will try both and let you know. Very much appreciated.

1 month 4 weeks ago
ctshammy
More
Manabound MIrror trinket's on-use heal targets me and not my Healbot target #4
Yes there seems to be more ways to use a trinket in a macro than I have had breakfasts. It took me 2 sessions and about 2 hours to get it to work the way I wanted.

Coincidentally, I got that trinket last sunday so I wanted to use it myself. Got it to use the trinket on hbtarget quickly but combining it with a spell was more difficult. Then eliminating the error messages and sounds nearly made me cry (it initially broke the whole macro - finger trouble lol).

The sequence is very important and wont work for all trinkets. Trinket cannot be using Global CD and must be first use/cast, otherwise you will be casting healing spell and trinket use/cast will fail.

I still get a "whoosh" sound when the trinket is in CD but it's not very noticeable and I'm sure I wont hear it at all in combat. I probably should have tidied up the cast to hbtarget but was very over the whole thing and when it worked perfectly I stopped (not wanting to break it again lol).

If you get it neat and tidy post it - The macro will be very useful for this trinket and others with similar characteristics.

CT

PS I hope they dont change macro options with tonight's patch and break it.
The following user(s) said Thank You banxshee

1 month 4 weeks ago
banxshee
More
Topic Author
Manabound MIrror trinket's on-use heal targets me and not my Healbot target #5
Thank you CT!

I changed my macro (see below) and it worked! GS is not on the GCD and also on the same CD timer as the trinket. Thank you again.

#showtooltip Guardian Spirit
/cast [@hbtarget] Guardian Spirit
/cast [@hbtarget] Manabound Mirror
The following user(s) said Thank You ctshammy

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac