10ms Batch vs. Healbot Bars Update Rate

2 weeks 1 day ago 2 weeks 1 day ago by Skyer101.
Skyer101
More
Topic Author
10ms Batch vs. Healbot Bars Update Rate #1
I had a question in regards to the new patch that lowered the batch window from 400ms to 10ms and how it effects Healbot updates.

Tuesday we raided as normal, but a lot of our healers were noticing that someone wasn't using HealComm. We double checked and everyone of our healers had the appropriate addons.

My theory was that custom raid frames/bars such as Healbot account for a 400ms delay which is why it looks like some players aren't reporting HealComms for incoming heals. Is this true?

Second question, since the batch window is so small, should the Override tab that lets you adjust the Refresh Speed be maxed out? Since information is being processed faster, I didn't see the need to keep it at normal <mid range>. It feels since I adjusted the refresh speed it feels better? Not sure if this is accurate though.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 1 day ago 2 weeks 1 day ago by Strife. Reason: Clarification
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
10ms Batch vs. Healbot Bars Update Rate #2
Healbot will run as fast as the game allows, there is no slowing things down due to the 400ms delay.

As it happens, Healbot worked around the 400ms delay by using the combat log and for those affected, checked the current health via the api, this worked very well as the delay was only in notifying the addon of an event.
In older versions of Healbot, this was an option called HealBot FastHealth on the general tab. In retail it has not been needed for a long time, in classic this was needed
The option was removed and changed to always off in retail and always on in classic.
With this change from blizzard it seems HealBot FastHealth can finally be turned off for good, but not in 1.13.7.0, maybe 1.13.7.1

The refresh speed is not related to that change. It is simply how fast the effect of the fluid bars update, if anything this is related to fps but as the fluid bars update speed is normalized to have the same speed at different fps, even fps has little affect on fluid bars. It is normalized for skin sharing, to maintain the same look and feel.

With both health events and events from healcomm, healbot processes the events immediately.
Healcomm has always had a delay, it waits for confirmation of the spell and that is down to client latency, it is reactive rather than predictive.

2 weeks 20 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
10ms Batch vs. Healbot Bars Update Rate #3
Pending some testing, use of the combat log (HealBot FastHealth) will be removed in 1.13.7.1,

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac