Class Identification

4 months 2 days ago 4 months 2 days ago by Strife.
CBXSteve
More
Topic Author
Class Identification #1
Something I have always struggled with in Healbot, and have never come up with a setup solution that was satisfactory to me, is a way to positively identify who the warlocks are. This is really only an issue for me when healing Alterac Valley, but it's a real problem. I'll be healing 20 toons in the middle of a crazy fight. About all I have time for is to watch for damage and throw an appropriate heal, and then a warlock does a few Life Taps and I'm wasting my precious mana topping off his health. Ideally, Healbot would detect the life tap and flag that toon for the duration, but just a way to obviously identify the warlocks would work too. One thing that occurred to me was that if Auxiliary Bars could be used to depict class by color, that would work, or, a bar border that depicts class. I have tried coloring bars by class, but it makes the display so "busy" that it slows down my response time considerably.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Class Identification #2
Class for Aux bars is an interesting idea.
For now you could use a custom buff and change the bar colour or use an Aux bar to show the cast.

4 months 1 day ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Class Identification #3
Another option would be to set the background colour to class and outline to 2 or more.

4 months 8 hours ago
CBXSteve
More
Topic Author
Class Identification #4
Thank you for the replies. I have experimented with altering the background color but my brain apparently doesn't have the power to process the resulting display very well. I am now looking into a way to :"cast" a blacklist on a warlock who Lifetaps on me. I have no experience with the blacklist function but I imagine it will be useful.

4 months 8 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Class Identification #5
Yes blacklist might be good, my previous suggestion of Cast Bars and Custom Buffs are not valid as it's instant. Was thinking of no need to heal a warlock casting Drain Life.

Blacklist in on the Healbot Menu
The Healbot Menu is available on the spells tab spell selector as a Command.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac