[HB Classic] Is there a way to just view select buff icons?

1 week 5 days ago 1 week 5 days ago by Xbob42.
Xbob42
More
Topic Author
[HB Classic] Is there a way to just view select buff icons? #1794
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I'm finding viewing my buffs and the buffs of others a little confusing, as I've used Healbot since it first came out all the way to BFA and I don't think I've ever had to fiddle with buff icons, although I'm not sure if I cared about them much in Vanilla.

Anyway what I want is pretty simple: A way to view buff icons on health bars. I can kind of do this now, but only an either/or scenario of buffs I cast or buffs my class casts?

Good lord, these line breaks are enormous. It's like they're double-sized. Anyway, I imagine for most classes that's probably fine, but as a Paladin, we've got a lot of blessings to choose from.

For example, here is my buff bar next to my visible buffs on Healbot. You can see only Devotion aura shows up, as I have that one set to "self" under the "cast by" dropdown under the Buffs > Custom menu. The others are invisible no matter if I select "my class" or "none."

However, upon selecting "self"...

Blessing of Might is now visible!

However, things get more complicated if there's another Paladin in the party. I can't see what buffs they put on people. There's the color changing stuff which might work, but I don't ever like my bars to change color unless it's debuff-related, and find the icons far more desirable in terms of information displayed, especially when we're swapping and casting blessings so frequently. I'd also like to be able to view other buffs of my choosing, if that's possible.

I've toyed around with all the settings for a while, and I can't quite seem to figure out if I've simply missed an option or not, but I'd really like to get this sorted, it's one of the many reasons I like using Healbot.

I notice on retail Healbot there's actually an icons tab under buffs, while Classic doesn't seem to have it. There's Icons under general, but the only thing related to buffs is buff icon scale.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for any help, and thank you for keeping this mod up to date! It's been my all-time favorite and the only must-have mod I've used for almost 15 years now.
The following user(s) said Thank You Strife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 3 days ago 1 week 3 days ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
[HB Classic] Is there a way to just view select buff icons? #1820
A few things with this.

1: The Paladin buffs should really be in the Paladin category, not All classes.
2. The Cast By Friend does work, although to force it immediately after setting, click on the ResetHB button.
3. The Cast By My Class is bugged in retail and classic, that will be fixed in 1.13.2.2 beta 2

Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: Point 2 above will not be necessary from 1.13.2.2 beta 2, the check will always happen and it will be much faster than current. This applies to retail and classic.

1 week 1 day ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
[HB Classic] Is there a way to just view select buff icons? #1844
beta 2 is available now, let me know if it's now working as expected.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac