HealBot beta's
Retail: 9.0.2.1 b1

Hiding Main Assist?

3 months 23 hours ago
max
More
Topic Author
Hiding Main Assist? #1
Hi there. Is there a way to hide the main assist(s) from the Main Tank frame?

I can't seem to find any option. It also seems to be showing the Main Assist's pet in the MT frame, so it's pretty cluttered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago
max
More
Topic Author
Hiding Main Assist? #2
Still hoping for this. I want tanks only in the "Main Tanks" frame, but our Main Assist (who happens to be a rogue) happens to be put in this frame as well.

Additionally if a warlock or hunter is set as a Main Tank (for Twin Emperors or other fights), their pet gets added to the Main Tank frame, it makes it very cluttered.

1 month 1 week ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Hiding Main Assist? #3
Instead of using Tanks, use a Private list and add who you want to the list.

1 month 1 week ago
max
More
Topic Author
Hiding Main Assist? #4
I guess the problem is that our main tanks change throughout the night depending on bosses and what instance we're in. The raid leader manages them and while each of us using healbot could manually juggle them between each fight, it's a lot of extra work, and ultimately it leads to people having to scan their frames when there was a last-minute tank change we didn't know about.

I just took a look at the healbot code and it's pretty straightforward. Would you be against me writing a patch that allows users to disable including mainassist and tank pets in the MT frame? They'd be on by default so the default behavior wouldn't change, but it would allow people to have raid-managed tanks without cluttered tank frames.

1 month 1 week ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Hiding Main Assist? #5
How did you managed to get pets in the tanks frame in the first place?
Did you add them as private tanks or include the pets in a frame used by tanks?

The api GetRaidRosterInfo only works on players

1 month 1 week ago
max
More
Topic Author
Hiding Main Assist? #6
It only happened on Twin Emperors when warlocks (with imp pets) would be set as Main Tanks. It appears if you assign a member of the raid who has a pet as a main tank, their pet will also show up in the HealBot main tank list. I also have a separate Pet frame enabled, so that might be part of it. It looks like in HealBot_Panel_petHeals(), that pets of players marked as TANK or HEALER, aren't added to the pet frame, but are added to the respective tank/healer frame, but I haven't looked too closely at that part of the code.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac