Incoming HoTs?

2 weeks 4 days ago
Drakiar
More
Topic Author
Incoming HoTs? #1
Hello.

Before the Update whenever i cast a HoT on someone it showed the WHOLE HoTs incoming heal, not just 1 tick. I always look alot in the options before i annoy others but i can't find a way to revert it.

Is that a bug?

BTW thank you for your work Strife.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 4 days ago 2 weeks 4 days ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Incoming HoTs? #2
See this post

Text copied from healbot discord server:

Classic now has heal prediction events and api functions thanks to recent Blizzard changes, unlike retail it currently doesn't give incoming hots (retail gives the next tick only and there is no way to change this). I expect blizzard will update the api functions to include HoT's, with this being the same as retail in a future release. Meaning only blizzard events and api calls will be supported and HoT's will only show the next tick.
The latest classic releases (era and tbc) of HealBot is using both blizzard's events/api and HealComm. HealComm is only used for HoT's and the change to 1 tick was in preparation for future Blizzard changes that will force this.
As a side note the main HealComm github source was taken down some time ago, I expect that was due to reduced support for HealComm now heal predictions are available from Blizzard, but as I have stated it seems HoT's are not yet included and so HealBot will continue to use HealComm for the time being with the change to mimic the retail api.

2 weeks 4 days ago
Drakiar
More
Topic Author
Incoming HoTs? #3
Thank you for your reply. But it did work 2 days ago. Am i misunderstanding your text? I am on TBC.

"HealComm is only used for HoT's and the change to 1 tick was in preparation for future Blizzard changes that will force this."

So there is no way to change it? I am sorry i did not find that post.

2 weeks 4 days ago 2 weeks 4 days ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Incoming HoTs? #4
Have to wait until blizzard fixes the bugs in the current classic api for incoming heals to be sure, fully expect it to work the same as retail and retail only shows the next tick.
There is no option to specify time when using UnitGetIncomingHeals

Also as I stated, it seems support for healcomm is being reduce, it has already been removed from github and I expect this is due to incoming heals now available using blizzard's api.

2 weeks 3 days ago
Drakiar
More
Topic Author
Incoming HoTs? #5
Thank you for the information & work on Healbot! Have a nice day.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac