Incoming HoTs?

5 months 14 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Incoming HoTs? #7
for HoT's, HealBot is currently using libhealcomm to show the next tick, when this is fixed in blizzard's api, HealBot will switch to the api. This will be seamless to the user.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 11 hours ago 5 months 11 hours ago by Puebloune.
Puebloune
More
Incoming HoTs? #8
<MESSAGE EDITED>

Okay, it seems I just needed to add Healcomm, thx, its done.

Although, before the API change, we could see the next tick AND the overall incoming heal (there was 2 colors). Is it still possible to set this up?

5 months 9 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Incoming HoTs? #9
libhealcomm is included with HealBot.

I think your missing the HoT's being separate from incoming heals, HoT's are now included with incoming heals and absorbs now use the previous HoT settings.

5 months 5 hours ago
Puebloune
More
Incoming HoTs? #10
Is it possible to have separate colors for the next tick and the overall incoming heals?

I can be wrong, but lets say for rejuvenation, I remember the next tick having a different color.

5 months 4 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Incoming HoTs? #11
Classic originally started out like that as the blizzard api for heals didn't exist and absorbs wasn't completed in libhealcomm. So the absorbs slider was switched to HoT's as a quick way to not lose the 2nd option.

The blizzard incoming heals api doesn't have a way to query the heal amount for spells cast, channelled or HoT's. It just returns a value for everything, so there is no way to split HoT's when using blizzards api.
HealBot and probably all other classic healing addons will move to using the blizzard api once it is fixed, HealBot has been changed to replicate what will be available.

As a side note, absorbs are still not available in the classic blizzard api, this functionality in classic HealBot has been coded in rather than removing the 2nd option entirely, it also means classic and retail are now closer together and easier to maintain going forward.

5 months 1 hour ago 5 months 45 minutes ago by Puebloune.
Puebloune
More
Incoming HoTs? #12
sir you're a beast. Thanks for all the quality explanation. I've been using using your add-on since.... was it 2006 or 2007? I took a hiatus and came back 15 months ago, glad to see the quality remains!

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac