Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight

1 month 2 days ago
llamalicious
More
Topic Author
Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight #1
I've experienced quite often where in the middle of the fight Main Tanks will just change place with someone else on my UI. Then i have to look through ALL the people on my healbot to find where the tank ended up. This makes it very annoying to heal them as a druid when i need to keep my hots on several tanks. Going from all the tanks being together to one of the tanks suddenly being on the opposite site of my ui.
A reload fixes it, but i can't just do that every fight it happens.

What causes this? Can this be fixed please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight #2
It is impossible for HealBot to change anything mid fight due to the combat lockdown, it will be the raid leader messing about with the groups during combat.

Read this to understand how this can happen

Also note, all addons that display frames to show players will be affected when a raid leader changes players around in groups, raid leaders need to know about the combat lockdown and understand the consequences of doing things during combat.

Raid leaders should know better!

3 weeks 5 days ago
llamalicious
More
Topic Author
Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight #3
This is a repost because the old one got removed. I will clarify. I don't mean tanks actually moving around in groups. I mean the main tank window - people marked with main tank - sometimes are moved out of it into their actual group.
For example if all tanks are in group 4 and 5 or whatever. That doesnt matter because i use the "Main Tank" window which will show all tanks. in that one grouping on my healbot (not their actual group). What happens - and has happened 3 times tonight during raid - Tanks with "main tank" role set, can at some point randomly get moved away from the "main tank" ui window on healbot. Then i have to look through groups to figure out which group he is actually in (1-5).
So it's not that the tanks are actually randomly moving to another group, its JUST the healbot ui

¨
Leaving the old message here because.. well.. i have it. It was removed due to the person responding saying "thats not possible the addon cannot move people on its own" which is not what i meant it did. I hope i clarified better. It is a bug i experience a couple of times every raid night. And it is obviously quite annoying to have to look around to figure out which group the tanks are actually in.,

//old message
I've experienced quite often where in the middle of the fight Main Tanks will just change place with someone else on my UI. Then i have to look through ALL the people on my healbot to find where the tank ended up. This makes it very annoying to heal them as a druid when i need to keep my hots on several tanks. Going from all the tanks being together to one of the tanks suddenly being on the opposite site of my ui.
A reload fixes it, but i can't just do that every fight it happens.

What causes this? Can this be fixed please?

3 weeks 5 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight #4
See above post, topic was moved, not removed.

2 weeks 2 days ago
llamalicious
More
Topic Author
Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight #5
I'm sorry but how's that in general tbc and not in bugs? It's Healbot's doing a thing that it's not supposed to do.

2 weeks 2 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Maintanks moved out of the "main tank" heal group during a fight #6
Again, it is impossible for any addon to do this during combat.

I guess you didn't follow the link I posted above and the links that post has, otherwise you would have found information like:

InCombatLockdown

Restrictions
While in combat:

Programatic modification of macros or bindings is not allowed.
Some things can't be done on "Protected" frames, their parents, or any frame they are anchored to. These include, but are not restricted to:
Hiding the frame using Hide widget method.
Showing the frame using Show widget method.
Changing the frame's attributes (custom attributes are used by Blizzard secure templates to set up their behavior).
Moving the frame by resetting frame's points or anchors (movements initiated by user are still allowed while in combat).

A frame's attributes include the unit id and the unit id is how the players are identified.

So impossible to change the unit id while in combat thanks to Blizzard's restrictions introduced almost 15 years ago.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac