× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4

5 days 4 hours ago
Kamerth
More
Topic Author
Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4 #1
I disagree with the decision to remove Healbot support for mice with 6 or more buttons.

I have a SteelSeries World of Warcraft Legendary MMO Gaming Mouse with 11 buttons and it has worked just fine with Healbot without having to do keybinds for buttons 6+ as you mentioned in your other comment on this topic ([url=Multi Button Mouse Issue Forum Topic]https://healbot.dpm15.net/forum/general/1034-multi-button-mouse-issue#4016[/url]). See attached screenshot where you can see all 15 buttons are directly mappable from release 9.0.2.3.

With the 9.0.2.4 release of Healbot and the simplified spells tab, I can no longer use the 6+ buttons on my mouse. I suspect I am not the only person who has this type of mouse or similar with support for more than 5 buttons and I urge you to reconsider this decision.

Thank you for the work you do! I have been a loyal user of Healbot for over 12 years.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You Ameralanna_675

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 days 4 hours ago
Caprea
More
Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4 #2
You are definitely not the only person. I hope Strife reconsiders this as it will likely cause us minority to switch to another healing addon option. After 10+ years of using healbot and to have this feature ripped out over night feels bad. In the other thread that, was locked for some reason, Strife mentioned that it was partially to not confuse people, but there must be some middle ground to reach on this rather than just negatively affect those that still utilize multi-button mice.

5 days 4 hours ago
Caprea
More
Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4 #3
Also, WoW still recognizes it's SteelSeries mice, so you don't have to bind anything, all of the buttons work as they always had via healbot. Just select the button, select the spell or action and it worked perfectly. There was never a need to bind to action bar or anything.

3 days 19 hours ago
Ameralanna_675
More
Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4 #4
Yeah I agree, I've used healbot for as long as ive been healing, 10+ years with my 15 button mouse and its been fine, but this is a deal breaker. I know that it has its benefits, but its very sad. :(

3 days 1 minute ago
Oldsilverbak
More
Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4 #5
I'm in the same boat. Really disappointed & have started the search for a new addon that supports more than a 6 button mouse. It was a huge advantage to be able to bind spells to specific buttons that were usable on the character bars. Good luck.

1 day 1 hour ago
Alcanyie
More
Multi Button mouse support dropped in 9.0.2.4 #6
Just updated to version 9.0.2.4 and my buttons 6 & 7 don't work anymore... because they're gone from Healbot!
I guess that 'Simplified Spells tab' is a bit of an understatement.
Or is there some new option to show them? Looking at the code, I don't think so.
Can we have those buttons back please?

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac