× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Update problems, frames disapearing outside of alert range?

1 year 5 months ago 1 year 5 months ago by westify1.
westify1
More
Topic Author
Update problems, frames disapearing outside of alert range? #1
Hey, I was running 9.0.2.8 and it was perfect. Updated to 9.0.2.10 and something felt really off with the fluidity of the bar updates, so I rolled back.

Now my frame is completely disappearing when it's outside of the alert range? Not just the opacity, but it's unclickable which indicates that it's just gone.

Is there a setting that would have triggered this? I just want it to return to normal where my frames are always visible regardless of alert level.

EDIT: Entering combat triggers the bars back immediately despite being at 100% hp and selecting an in-combat alert level of 98%. Not sure whats going on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Update problems, frames disapearing outside of alert range? #2
What do you mean by "something felt really off with the fluidity of the bar updates"

For the frames closing, check the Close automatically setting on the Skins Frames General tab

1 year 5 months ago
westify1
More
Topic Author
Update problems, frames disapearing outside of alert range? #3
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

For the frames closing, check the Close automatically setting on the Skins Frames General tab

That was it exactly. Disabling that option works just as it did before.

What do you mean by "something felt really off with the fluidity of the bar updates"

This is a bit harder to explain, but I believe it was operating as if fluid bars was not enabled when it was in addition to lower refresh/update rate compared to 9.0.2.8 despite having the slider maxed on both.

1 year 5 months ago 1 year 5 months ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Update problems, frames disapearing outside of alert range? #4
The fluid/flash and timed effects now applies on every frame, generally it will be smoothing for the majority but I have found that playing around with the refresh rate on my monitor and turning off/on vertical sync in the wow System>Graphics section can have an effect.

My monitor will run at 75Hz, but I have found running it at 60Hz vastly improves the smoothness of updates and vSync On smooths it out entirely.
I don't like 60FPS, so I keep the monitor fixed at 60Hz and allow the game to run at ~140FPS with vSync Off.

1 year 5 months ago
westify1
More
Topic Author
Update problems, frames disapearing outside of alert range? #5
Hmm ok, well that most likely explains what I'm seeing.

Just to clarify, is this effect tied to the FPS of the game or the monitor refresh rate?
I have my monitor set to 240hz refresh with a 140fps in-game cap.

I imagine it's only a matter of time before a major content patch such as 9.1 requires me to update in order for Healbot to still function.
Would it be possible to allow an option for the old method of flash/fluid to be used on the newer updates?

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac