× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs?

1 month 2 weeks ago
Exuperjun
More
Topic Author
Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs? #1
I use custom bar colors for a variety of custom debuffs, but enabling bar coloring also enables it for non-custom debuffs (i.e. those tracked automatically as magic etc). I do want to see the non-custom/default debuffs, but only as an icon and without those ones changing the bar color (while still allowing the custom ones to do so). Is this possible? If not, any chance it could be considered as a future improvement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 11 hours ago
wowmaalin
More
Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs? #2
I have a similar or possibly the same issue (not precisely sure). Boss debuffs turn my bars a very dark color when all I really want is the debuff icon. I have worked around it on a case by case basis by creating a custom debuff and turning off bar color. But this has to be done for each named debuff. And sometimes it takes me a couple tries to get it right. Plus, having to do it for every one is a pain. I would like to set this in a more general way. Thanks.

3 weeks 6 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs? #3
Set the following.

1: Select tab Debuffs>Custom
2. Select Category Custom
3. Check Debuff Name is Automatic Debuffs
4. Turn off Bar colour

Attachments:

2 weeks 5 days ago
Exuperjun
More
Topic Author
Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs? #4
Thanks for the response but two things:
1. I already had everything unchecked under the "Automatic Debuffs" section at the bottom of that tab (but on another tab I have it enabled to track what my dispel can remove).
2. The custom section didn't have an "Automatic Debuffs" entry so I added one in an attempt to follow the above guidance but that did not appear to have any impact.
My problem with these automatic/default debuffs impacting coloring is they seem to override the coloring of higher priority custom debuffs. Two debuffs I see this frequently happen with are Mindgames and Unstable Affliction (both of which I've set to track by name or ID), even if they're priority 1 the icon will show but the color will not always change to the custom color (seems to only switch to the custom colors for these if there are no other magic debuffs on the target - otherwise it shows the color of all magic spells, even though that priority is way lower).

2 weeks 3 days ago
wowmaalin
More
Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs? #5
That's what I thought at first too. But that top drop-down with 'A-B' etc. has a choice labeled "custom" at the top. Choose that and the rest will look like Strife's example. I haven't tested to see if it works yet, but at least I could choose those settings.

2 weeks 2 days ago
Exuperjun
More
Topic Author
Is there a way to disable bar colors for default debuffs? #6
Yeah I did select Custom from the top drop down but the debuff name dropdown below that had no entries - I did however add one named "Automatic Debuffs" and uncheck the color (i.e. my screen looks just like Strife's above) but it has not fixed the bug or whatever as I still have some bar colors not showing for priority 1 debuffs because it's instead showing the color for default magic debuffs.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac