8.1.0.7 brings Performance Gains at around 2x when compared to 8.0.1.4

3 weeks 5 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
8.1.0.7 brings Performance Gains at around 2x when compared to 8.0.1.4 #2173
Adding to my previous post, one of the reasons usage increased since 8.1.0.7 has been the changes, such as using spell ID's instead of names adds benefits and complexity and usage.

A couple of examples of increased usage due to the spell ID's changes are
- The spells tab where various combinations of keys and mouse clicks result in a name derived from both ID's (spells) and text (everything else), so a name lookup is complex, this lookup happens often, such as settings the bar attributes and refreshing the tooltip, it is not only populating the options tab.
- In classic where a spell such as Renew has a different ID for every rank, showing an icon for Renew based on a stored spell ID requires a lookup.

I wanted to get 8.2.5.4 out so I could test using a cache with aura events, turns out no matter how I approach it there is an increase in both cpu and memory, I suspect this is because healbot is very efficient with aura events as it flags them rather than processing them, this avoid multiples in the same millisecond(s) and the processing of flags happens over multiple frames to keep cpu usage at a minimal.

Not all is lost though, have been profiling and looking at the busy parts of the addon, a few new functions where busy due to spell ID's and have benefited from caching.

The result is 8.2.5.5 will look something like this.
Screenshot is a pug run and taken on the last boss

Also keep in mind pugs these days are generally more hectic than 7 months ago when 8.1.0.7 was current, this version 7 months ago might have been showing even lower numbers.

8.2.5.5 beta 1 will be up soon.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You ctshammy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 6 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
8.1.0.7 brings Performance Gains at around 2x when compared to 8.0.1.4 #2188
8.2..5.5 beta 2 - Have caching aura events working, cpu usage looks fantastic but at the cost of more memory.
Remember - memory is cheap - cpu costs fps

This is not a true like for like compared to the usage I posted earlier in this thread, but it does give an idea.
Attachments:

1 week 4 days ago 1 week 4 days ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
8.1.0.7 brings Performance Gains at around 2x when compared to 8.0.1.4 #2216
Seems I just can't leave this alone, but now I am looking at shaving 1/100,000 sec here and there, 8.2.5.6 and 1.13.2.11 will be the last to receive improvements to performance of existing code, at least for some time.

With 8.2.5.6 beta 1, in a 5 man pug where the tank had 650k health and don't stop for anything, meaning most of the time in combat.
At 50 fps using the lowest cpu setting healbot is extremely light.

Performance Gains at over 5x when compared to 8.0.1.4 running at defaults

Attachments:

1 week 4 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
8.1.0.7 brings Performance Gains at around 2x when compared to 8.0.1.4 #2218
25-man pug, last boss in the circle of stars. At 25-man over 3x performance gains when compared to 8.0.1.4

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You ctshammy

1 week 4 days ago
gzoombashir
More
8.1.0.7 brings Performance Gains at around 2x when compared to 8.0.1.4 #2219
Have to say it again: You do a great job :)! Thanks a lot for this fantastic addon.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac