Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs

2 years 9 months ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs #7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago
reaper6667351651
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs #8

Jessrond wrote: Is there a way to save a new buff? It just shows as grayed out on the save button. I also accidentally deleted one of the buffs so would like to add it again.

Jessrond to find a particular spells' ID, it's easy to just look for it on Wowhead in the search function,

the URL of the spell page gives you the ID:

then just go the icons tab and add the same ID there:

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago
reaper6667351651
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs #9
if some find this a bit of a hassle i also just happen to search Curse.com and found an addon that adds Spell/Unit/Mount/Item ... ID's in the tooltip when active (recommend disabling if not needed for the tooltip clutter)

www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/idtip

2 years 9 months ago 2 years 9 months ago by Slayybelle. Reason: more thoughts plus vim string
Slayybelle
More
Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs #10
I have so many custom debuffs with custom colors that to re-add manually thru the UI is not gonna happen. Instead I will edit the SavedVariables/HealBot.lua file replacing "<SpellName>" with <spellID>,
so for every instance of "Gigavolt Charge" i'll replace with 286646

if you use vi:
:0,$s/"spellname"/<spellID>/g

so for Gigavolt Charge:
:0,$s/"Gigavolt Charge"/286646/g
will substitute the first w/2nd string across the whole file (should be 3 substitutes in all)

BTW, this makes the custom debuff list pretty unreadable and makes me sad. Sometimes I like to look back on a debuff I've added and check the settings to refresh my memory on what color to look for or double-check the priority. If you could display both name and id (like in the buff drop-down) that would be ideal.

2 years 9 months ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs #11

Slayybelle wrote: I have so many custom debuffs with custom colors that to re-add manually thru the UI is not gonna happen. Instead I will edit the SavedVariables/HealBot.lua file

In 8.1.5.7 you will be able to export your custom debuffs, as your converting the wtf files yourself, maybe you would like to share with others?

Slayybelle wrote: BTW, this makes the custom debuff list pretty unreadable and makes me sad. Sometimes I like to look back on a debuff I've added and check the settings to refresh my memory on what color to look for or double-check the priority. If you could display both name and id (like in the buff drop-down) that would be ideal.

Only the spell ID's are stored for Buff/HoT's (soon to be called Custom Buffs) and Custom Debuffs, in options the display for both shows Spell Name (Spell ID)

2 years 9 months ago 2 years 9 months ago by Vylez.
Vylez
More
Missing HoT/Buff Icons and Missing Custom Debuffs #12
@Strife
Hey there Admin Strife hmm...Referring to the version 8.1.5.6 right..The custom debuff for example like i tracked atonement priest last time on previous version but after i deleted the atonement custom debuff...The color for the custom debuff still appeared eventhough i have deleted it..

-Problem Solved..Sorry...I dont know which button to delete this post..Basically what i did is to key in the ID and set it to disable...thanks..-

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac