Self sorting issue

1 week 3 days ago 1 week 3 days ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Self sorting issue #1238
A quick note, there is another way of sorting yourself to the top, use the Heal Group - Self.

When multiple heal groups share a frame, the heal groups are sorted prior to Main Sort and Sub Sort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 2 days ago 1 week 2 days ago by Mythago.
Mythago
More
Topic Author
Self sorting issue #1244
Hey buddy, thanks for that.

Thats the same conclusion I came too, as I cannot get me top of healers any other way. It's far from ideal as the whole unit frame becomes rather unwieldy with an extra frame unless I hide the headers ... :-(

Please see here your settings , but not happening for me, I'm second on the healer frame. I've tried all the other subsort options too with no luck :-(

Attachments:

1 week 2 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Self sorting issue #1247
As your main sort is by group, other healers will first be sorted by group in the frame.
If you put healers in there own frame then you can set main sort to Name or None.

Remember all 3 sort options apply to each frame in the following order
  1. Heal Group
  2. Main Sort
  3. Sub Sort
It is not possible to have different sort options on heal groups that share frames.

1 week 2 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Self sorting issue #1248
Part of the problem might be due to the way sorting use to work.

Prior to 8.1.5.2 main sort only applied to the raid heal group, while sub sort applied to raid and optionally to other heal groups. Headers were designed primarily for the raid heal group and other heal groups simply got there own header. To put it another way, the raid got headers based on main sort while other groups got one header for the group.

Now main sort and sub sort is applied to all heal groups, while the headers still work as before.
Take for example if the group headers were shown in the healers group, there could be 5 headers in a group of 6 healers and that didn't make sense, this is the reason headers work as before but I can see how it can lead to confusion, as healers in the group are being sorted without a header shown.

1 week 1 day ago 1 week 1 day ago by Mythago.
Mythago
More
Topic Author
Self sorting issue #1256
Ok , but I'm still confused :-(

If you look at this shot of a Test frame , all is as it should be:

BUT when I actually go in a raid I get this :-(

This a real PITA as I get ALL the DPS in Group 3 in one long column :-(

Isn't there a way I can force HB to use 3 columns in this config?
Attachments:

1 week 1 day ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Self sorting issue #1257
That is actually a bug with test bars where it's always main sorting the raid by group, fixed in next release.
If you main sort by name then it's better to not use headers, instead give the frame a title (Skins>Frames>General) and set the number of columns to 3 (Skins>Frames>Bars>General)

If you want to share the skin, I will come up with a couple of variations that you can try.

Moderators: HermisctshammykubikAcirac