× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Stupid update, Pls help me

5 months 1 week ago
Artenesk
More
Topic Author
Stupid update, Pls help me #1
Hi guys, in the future I will try not to update the hilbot anymore, because every update of it is a huge stress for me, I just hate it and my teeth grit when I see that there is an update. In general, what is the essence of the issue. Relatively recently, I played a doctor and everything was fine, the icons were in their places, that is, first on the right in the heal box, below the tank, on the left dd. A small update came out, now I'm at the top of the tank from the bottom, with dd everything is fine. Later, as it turned out, now it’s not displayed on the green panel (see screen 1) where my hilk is, first in white and then in red, how much life of this or that hilk remains. Right now, I have to count or set the fade timer in my mind when the heal ends, it becomes almost transparent, why I do not understand. BUT TODAY'S UPDATE 8.2.5.8 is just something, if before everything was fine and everything was in a conditional square, right now it's just fucked up (screen 2) I have a heal bot strip across the screen and I apologize for my 2560x1440 screen in a group, sorry not managed to screech. When was Pandaria 5.2.3. I loved this addon he had no equal. Right now, with every patch - update (of this add-on), I’m just becoming more and more disappointed, so many ridiculous useless functions and also removing useful ones, this is the height of insanity. Therefore, I could not stand it anymore and decided to write here, I don’t know how to fix the whole nonsense that developers do. on screen 1, it is shown as it was in 8.2.5.7 (6). screen 2 is what has become, the red line indicates how it looks in the group and I have ultra indignation about this
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 1 week ago
ctshammy
More
Stupid update, Pls help me #2
Thanks for your question - I feel your pain but it becomes necessary when addon updates are complex.

I am guessing you have lost your healbot settings somehow, when you did the update. " Please Read Before Updating "

I notice that Strife has given something to try if this happens You might try this - healbot.dpm15.net/forum/general/572-lost...-updating-to-8-2-5-7

What I do when any addon requires resetting after a major overhaul (like this) - I copy the addon from the addon directory and the whole WTF folder to a backup location - then update addon and restart wow - If the update is a mess, I simply shutdown wow and restore those directories back. Usually I re-read the instructions as I probably missed something or mis-understood the directions..

If all this fails - could we have a screenshot of - Healbot options - Skins - Frames - Bars - set the Frame to the main raid frame - Click visibility button - then take a screenshot.

Hope this translates ok for you.

CT

5 months 4 days ago
carolina_bryan
More
Stupid update, Pls help me #3
Yeah, this update is an absolute POS--nothing is working now

5 months 2 days ago 5 months 2 days ago by neuropsycho. Reason: typo
neuropsycho
More
Stupid update, Pls help me #4
I've been using Healbot since 2007 and this has happened to me several times (settings getting wiped out after the addon updated). Luckily for me, I have WoW on two laptops, so it was just a matter of logging into one of those laptops and doing an export of the settings and then doing a reset on my main rig and re-importing the settings. I suggest, in the future, that you "screenshot" all of the spell pages for safekeeping in case this ever happens again. If your hard drive failed, you would be in the exact same place.

I might also suggest to the creator that like this version, a pop-up warning should be put in several versions before you decide to majorly change the backend data structure. I was unaware that major changes were coming until AFTER I updated which by the way I do automatically through the Twitch client. I assume the majority of people do that as well.

I do appreciate all the hard work you put into this free addon.

5 months 2 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Stupid update, Pls help me #5

neuropsycho wrote: I might also suggest to the creator that like this version, a pop-up warning should be put in several versions before you decide to majorly change the backend data structure.].

A pre-warning is a good idea, the memory structure changes was a last minute decision and it is the only time such a major change like this has happened in 13 years, I do appreciate other changes to stored variables have caused issues in the past, possibly including the last year as healbot has gone through some major changes (debuff names to spell id's - 5x more efficient - etc)

I did create a method to restore the lost settings here

5 months 2 days ago
Artenesk
More
Topic Author
Stupid update, Pls help me #6
There is already a problem elsewhere, if I remember the spells and, in general, I do not change the settings, I was very upset by the change in the interface. Now each interface has its own drawback. If everything was fine and harmonious before, now, for example, one of the interfaces with a blue background makes the group or raid icons of all classes normal, and against their background, 2 or 1 tank, its square is very small, it’s super inconvenient, these small icons, Lord, I installed the add-on to make it easier and not harder for myself. Another almost the same interface, but it is almost a third of the screen, and even there with the fade time turned off, it still makes the ending sing transparent, it terribly infuriates. Another (interface) does not show more than ten people, and then in the column. And the most delicious, this is what was on the screenshots, on the first screen as it was - that is, ideally, on the second screen this is what became in the circled line, and this is the worst that could be from the updates. And it seems to me that this is not corrected by any settings

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac