× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Any possibility to restore settings?

6 months 3 days ago
Beyne
More
Topic Author
Any possibility to restore settings? #1
Hi Guys.

I logged into a very old character today -> healbot has completely reset. I was almost able to manually set all my settings and debuffs again. Is there a easy way to restore character settings? Also the size and looking of the bars? The Restore Tool from december i guess did not work this time.

Unfortunately I only see 6 bars. So in raid the other bars/characters are missing. I also don't see any test bars >6. I guess this is just a simple setting, i do not find right now. Could anyone help me?

Sorry if there is a similar thread.

BR

Beyne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 days ago
Beyne
More
Topic Author
Any possibility to restore settings? #2
Ok sorry guys. I forgot to activate "Raid" in heal groups. Now i do see all bars which i am able to "test".
However if there is a possibilty to reload the settings lets say from yesterday. This would be great ;).

6 months 3 days ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Any possibility to restore settings? #3
If you have not reloaded your ui and not logout/logon since the reset, while logged on you can look for the following file
..\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT>\<REALM>\<CHARACTER>\SavedVariables\HealBot_Data.lua.bak

Copy that file somewhere, logout and then replace HealBot_Data.lua with HealBot_Data.lua.bak.
Login with a character that will not reset and export your skins.

--

I know this doesn't help you now but in the next release I will look at changing the check, it doesn't need to be character specific for most settings, so when a old character is logged on only a few specific settings will be reset if required and nothing major is lost.

6 months 3 days ago 6 months 3 days ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Any possibility to restore settings? #4
As a side note, when you get your skin just as you want it, considering submitting it to be included with Extra Skins , that way even if your pc blows up and you need to reinstall everything, you will never lose the skin.

6 months 2 days ago
Beyne
More
Topic Author
Any possibility to restore settings? #5
Thanks strife. As i already logged out and reloaded ui, this wont help. However, its working fine again. Also i used import debuff function with that m+ and raid debuff file someone uploaded. Thanks for that!

I will remember your advise for the next reset ;) as this is happening 1 time every 3-4 month after forgetting not to log on a very old character. However this time also the bar sizes etc. changed. So completely reset of HB.

Though a very great healing addon i am using since my wow career! The possibilty to see more than one debuff was super cool ;).
The following user(s) said Thank You Strife

6 months 2 days ago
Beyne
More
Topic Author
Any possibility to restore settings? #6
I have a wow interface/wtf/cache backup from november 19 on my usb stick. Could you tell me which data i have to replace to get this "backup" working? Or is there a way so see the bar sizes in a "text file"?

BR

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac