× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Healbot + TrinketMenu interaction issues

2 weeks 1 day ago 2 weeks 20 hours ago by Orz.
Orz
More
Topic Author
Healbot + TrinketMenu interaction issues #1
I am not sure if this is a healbot issue or a trinketmenu issue, but I am hoping that there is a solution. I have Zandalarian Hero Charm keybound in my trinketmenu. When I have my mouse hovered over any where in the healbot window, the hotkey for my trinketmenu does not work. So like for example, if I have my mouse hovered over the tank's health bar, and I hit my trinketmenu hotkey, nothing happens. In order to activate my trinket, I need to move my mouse pointer somewhere off of the healbot bars, press the trinketmenu hotkey to active my trinket, then move my mouse back over the tank's healbar in order to heal him.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should add that I am trying to active my trinkets using mouse button 4 and mouse button 5, which healbot seems to want to use for things. I have no issue if I bind the trinkets to other keys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago
ctshammy
More
Healbot + TrinketMenu interaction issues #2
This is "working as intended" (to steal the quote from IBM).

WOW is in control and calling addons (and passing events to the addon) based on events in the game. Healbot doesnt call other addons (unless specified by Strife in addon instructions). So the issue is WOW not calling 2 different addons on your mouseclick. It almost certainly wont happen. . In the past where the player has been able to do multiple things on the same event Blizzard had nerfed the functions (eg at one point you could write quite complex macros and issue multiple spells depending on the game event - this was very powerful and was nerfed).

You can write a macro to call trinketmenu (or any other addon) and then set the mouse button in healbot to call the macro. Simple enough to do and solves your issue.

Hope this helps.

CT

1 week 4 days ago
Orz
More
Topic Author
Healbot + TrinketMenu interaction issues #3
Thank you. I was looking for a way to disable healbot from using mouse4 or mouse5, so that there wouldn't be a conflict. But your idea to write a macro to use my trinkets and then set healbot to call those macros when I click mouse4 or mouse5 worked.

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac