Guides and Beta

Get help on options and using healbot
Click here for the guides

HealBot Beta's
Retail: 9.0.1.3.b1

× General topics about the Retail version of Healbot

Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER?

1 week 22 hours ago
FearmaKY
More
Topic Author
Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER? #1
Strife,

8+ years ago I used the WOW Mouse from Steelseries and since the mouse is no longer supported I made the dreadful decision to move over to Logitec g600 about 6 years go and have fallen in love with the mouse for all the games I play, I would love to work with you on the troubleshooting and idea side of things of course to get this mouse and any mouse which has side button to function correctly in wow, either via through your software Healbot or allowing other addons to function over your frames.

To state the Obvious troubleshooting issues I have read from MMO-Champion,Reddit,This forum and Youtube guides here is what I have already done.
1.Re-bound all side buttons to work correctly in WOW.
2.Tested all side buttons with all other addons and frames and it works flawless.
3.Tested it with Grid and Clique it works and all other addons!
4. See pictures for reference.
5. gyazo.com/b855eef956aede4ddc6624f242323886
6. gyazo.com/85d4752a3f002bffa511267296a29a40 You can see I can press SHIFT+8 on my mouse side buttons and it binds on Clique to Blessing of Sacrifice, in Healbot I have it bound to Right Click Button-Ctrl+Click to do it because button 8 does not work or is recognized.

If I can bind 1-12 on my side buttons and WOW picks it up and all other addons as well why cant Healbot recognize buttons 6-15? and only 1-5?, Ive read about the whole Windows issue but again thats the problem and not the solution and it works for other addons and games why not Hbot?

Why cant we change buttons 6-15 to be a button of our choice to bind abilities?

If all of these concerns are hard to fix or cannot be done, then lets move to the easiest choice some may say, Are you able to allow Clique to work with your unit frames? or incorporate the Clique method in your UI to bind spells and abilities as opposed to the predetermined button binds 6-15 which never works and no one uses?

I can bind Clique with any addon unit frame from Grid, Blizz,ELvUI, Zperl and shadowed Unit frames and Vuhdoo The only Unit frame it does not work with is Healbot...., its as if Healbot frames does not exist...

Please help us find a solution to this very old problem which in the end everybody opts to use another addon instead of going through all of this, I am a fan of Hbot and cannot see myself playing wow without it, so yes currently I consider my binding setup GIMPED but functional enough to play, but I would rather be very efficient and be able to bind my keys how I want to.

Please Please HELP!- Allowing Clique to work over Hbot frames would be a quick fix until hopefully we can implement a better way in Hbot itself.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 22 hours ago
FearmaKY
More
Topic Author
Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER? #2
Forgot to Ask, do you Strife or Healbot have a dedicated Discord? would make communication easier, Im looking forward to assisting in resolving this before Shadowlands is released.

Thanks.

1 week 3 hours ago 1 week 3 hours ago by Strife.
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER? #3
The frames use blizzards secure templates, there is only one way to set the attributes of secure templates for them to work in combat while the UI is locked down.
The button number is just that, a number and this is how it is set.

Here is a cut from setting secure templates from blizzards code
-- Although it may not be immediately obvious, we are able to use this new virtual button
-- to set up very complex click behaviors on buttons. For example, we can define a new "heal"
-- virtual button for all friendly left clicks, and then set the button to cast "Flash Heal"
-- on an unmodified left click and "Renew" on a ctrl left click:
-- self:SetAttribute("*helpbutton1", "heal");
-- self:SetAttribute("*type-heal", "spell");
-- self:SetAttribute("spell-heal", "Flash Heal");
-- self:SetAttribute("ctrl-spell-heal", "Renew");
Source

6 days 21 hours ago
FearmaKY
More
Topic Author
Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER? #4
I believe my post was hidden or being reviewed, but I responded.

Strife can you tell me which of these files controls the Keybindings in game? gyazo.com/ad4255c233fb9d2837059ae0ba45dcd2

6 days 21 hours ago
Strife
Administrator
Administrator
More
Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER? #5
HealBot_Action from around 2465

6 days 19 hours ago
FearmaKY
More
Topic Author
Logitech G600 and Healbot 10+ year old issue, Can we fix it TOGETHER? #6
Seems the forums hides code lines etc. let me see if this works

Are you able to code this in? gyazo.com/6fcd5a3463a1f7cb0b5d6b32c4a32189
gyazo.com/86665edd57311b8421148c42e9223398

This is how I have my mouse g keys bound gyazo.com/83607d62f4e1261f45a810a6696276a3
If you cannot use G18=0 or G19= - or G20= = I can bind those to a letter etc for ease of access.

Let me know if you understand this and what we are trying to achieve, this would solve all of the side button issues on all mices.

Thanks

Moderators: ctshammyAcirac